Link Bar

Home | Games | Programming | Tutorials | Donate | Legal (These are mostly empty right now. Placeholders!)

warning code

This website contains adult content.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 40: Frustration!

Zach gave me some old files of his from which to learn some coding, but I'm having trouble opening them due to version conflicts an' shit.  The message "the file could not be opened" is really starting to grate, now that I've seen it like forty times.  After more than two hours of arguing with my computer over whether or not a file can be opened with a program, I'm just fucking sick of this.  I quit.

For tonight.

I'll take another crack at it over the weekend (I only work half a day on Sunday), and should have some coding done for Monday's post.  But right now, this feels less like a hobby and more like Purgatory, so I'm just going to set it aside for the moment.  Y'all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I thought i told you to just open it up in notepad :( the .cc and .hh files are literally just text files, so...

    there's a program called notepad++ for windows that has good syntax highlighting; alternately, you could check out Komodo Edit (which is a free version of Komodo IDE) or one of the many many many Eclipse plugins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, yes, Zach. That's exactly what you told me to do, and that's what I did, and it didn't work. Can't "Open With" Notepad, can't Ctrl-O from within Notepad (they don't even show up with "All Files" selected), same story with WordPad, Microsoft Word, Open Office Writer, Visual Studio, and even Q10 (because why the fuck not?). Same story for each file I tried to open, except when I actually ran the files or read the notes. You should be as confused as I am right now. :) I have a few more tricks to try, I think, then I'll give that Notepad++ and/or Komodo Edit a try. Thanks for the tips on new software!

    ReplyDelete