Link Bar

Home | Games | Programming | Tutorials | Donate | Legal (These are mostly empty right now. Placeholders!)

warning code

This website contains adult content.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 3: 100% game world growth!

Today I read more tutorials, but I'm still a ways from knowing how all the different pieces go together.  This was really, really helpful.  I seem to have my work cut out for me.  Surprise?

I did make progress, however!  I cracked open the "start" program, so I now have a slightly sharper idea of what's going on under the hood when I see this on the screen:
Click for huge!
And I even made it say my own thing when you pick "New Game"!

Click for huge!

I made vectors visible to ease testing.  When you collide with the mountains on the North side of the screen, you tell yourself not to go into the mountains.  You can also move with either the mouse or WASD (in eight directions!)

Click for huge!

And I made a whole second screen!  This DOUBLES the size of the game world!  There's even a farmer who complains if you trespass upon his meager field of flowers:

Click for huge!

Why, at this rate of growth, in only ten days I'll have a thousand game boards!  Give or take.  No promises.  Actually, that's not going to happen.

Still, slow and steady wins the race, as they say.  Whoever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment