Link Bar

Home | Games | Programming | Tutorials | Donate | Legal (These are mostly empty right now. Placeholders!)

warning code

This website contains adult content.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 7: Two steps forward, one step back.

I figured out how to do graphical and waypoint vectors, the other two kinds of vectors besides collision and programming.  I couldn't quite figure out how to get vector intersection (where your character is opaque when its collision box is outside of the vector, and can go in front of or behind it) instead of frame intersection (where your character is always behind, as though the object is "above" your character); the user's guide mentions their existence and then tells you to click an option that is not actually represented in the user interface.  I bet I'm going to feel really, really dumb when I do finally find that sucker.

On the plus side, I found out how to load programs upon entering a board.  You see, under the board's properties, there's a little section that allows you to load a program to activate upon entering the board.

I got the structure of a board intro here.  I'm angry at vectors right now, so I'll add NPCs & shit tomorrow.

Today's just one of them "do one thing" days, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment